UK IT Training – Review Part 4 – Net + 5 Day Course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ManicD, Dec 10, 2007.

1. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

Part 1:http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread18792.html
    Part 2:http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread18793.html
    Part 3: http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread20079.html

Ok, I’ve been slacking a little bit on these reviews, so I’m a bit late posting this but here goes.

5 Weeks after sitting my A+ and then the hassle of booking the exams, I went for my N+ Course. Unfortunately, UK IT have a policy that they wont give out the next training book until the first day of the N+ course so, I ended up searching the internet and finding my own training materials to learn from in anticipation of the course. This is the BIGGEST let down about the company I have found aso far, and is verging on un-reasonable behaviour, considering all the training materials have been paid for up front. Again when I recived the book, I was another book from Sybex, Network+ Study Guide. This again came with a CD in the back that contained a full PDF copy of the book, plus practice exercises and practice exams, A good quality book and a nice revision aid.

This was another 5 day course set out in much the same way as the A+ and I was fortunate enough to get the same instructor again. Even the same classroom!!! Which is good because as I said previously the classroom seemed well equipped, with modern computers running at impressive speeds.

Training began on the Monday at 9:30am and the same as I found the A+ course the first day was a little slow for me, covering all the basics but other members of the class seemed to be getting a lot out of it. Then over the rest of the week the training picked up to my level and I really enjoyed and got a lot out of it. As you might expect with the same trainer the quality of teaching was again at a high level and the instructor (Andy) was very easy to talk to and ask questions. The content of the training was pretty conclusive, the book gave even more detail and was a good aid for revising.

From the trouble I had booking the A+ exam on the phone, I learnt a valuable lesson, just use the dam internet. This time there was no problems booking my N+ exam and I passed pretty nicely with minimal revision.

ONLY two weeks till the next course, YIKES!!!
    Well as UK IT are not issuing the books till the first day on the Server2003 and XP Support course, our kind hearted instructor told us if we e-mailed him after our exams he could send us some information and revision material, and true to his work, I received two PDF documents that were very useful in preparing in the following weeks..

PART 5 ON THE WAY!!!!

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  2. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

Everyone looks, no-one comments :(

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

trust me people are reading your reviews with interest, at least I am.

I didn't realise you were wanting comments :oops:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I do think its odd that they don't give you the next set of books untill you start, maybe its because if you get them you might decide to run off and self study :p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

not when you've already paid for all the course up to MCSE, and they not cheep!!!!, lol

6. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

EVERYONE LOVES feedback on their work, :)

7. wilecoyote

wilecoyote New Member

My experience with UK IT was an unpleasant and costly one. I had already booked and passed all the ECDL exams, and was awaiting the web designer foundation course due the second week of January. I found out the date of my university exams, and one exam clashed with the date to start my UK IT course.
    I sat my university exam, (wishfully) thinking that I will be able to reschedule the course because I paid 1200 quid in two installments (hard-earned part-time student work money :cry: )

I called UK it in the hopes of rescheduling the course on the Wednesday after my university exams which took place on Monday the 8th January 2007, and to my surprise, (due to not reading the bleeding fine print on the contract) I had to pay the full price of the course because I missed it, and put them at a loss; the secretary told me that I wasted their time- that someone else could have been in my place had i called earlier.
    The amount due was 350 quid.
    I was broke after paying the 1200 quid, which i paid in September and October 2006, and had no possible way of coughing up 350. I argued with the lady on the other end for a bit, but then i gave up, disappointed and bitter. (the contract did state that i will have to pay the full cost of the course if i missed a day)

Well, it's a year later, and I still haven't contacted the company for anything, because i felt utterly duped, and fell hook, line and sinker for their sales pitches. I hope other forumites learn from this experience. It would have been much cheaper to buy the books and training cd's, which i have currently done.