UK file-sharers to be 'cut off'

Discussion in 'News' started by UKDarkstar, Aug 25, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

UK file-sharers to be 'cut off'

The government has published new measures that could see people who illegally download films and music cut off from the net.

The amendment to the Digital Britain report would see regulator Ofcom given greater powers to tackle pirates.

The technical measures are likely to include suspending the net accounts of "hardcore copyright pirates".

It is believed that Business Secretary Lord Mandelson has intervened personally to beef up the policy.

The Digital Britain report, published in June, gave Ofcom until 2012 to consider whether technical measures to catch pirates were necessary.

However, according to a statement from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills released on Tuesday, that timeframe is now considered "too long to wait".

Full story : here

There has been a follow-up news item with responses from ISP's. See this thread

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
porta2_tags:

Comments

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Sparky
      Sparky
      Ok then, just wait until the latest release comes down in price. No need to download it illegally. :biggrin
    2. leosdelsol
      leosdelsol
      really bad attitude on here tonight, always found certforums a friendly ,open minded community but a guess not. Dont require a refresh of the rules tbh if you dont like what i say ban me thats your choice
    3. leosdelsol
      leosdelsol
      lack of things to do?
    4. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Endorsing something illegal isn't being "open minded".

Hey, if you don't want to abide by the rules, then don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

No; I've got a solid career. You?
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    5. leosdelsol
      leosdelsol
      what a ****en *****
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    6. Sparky
      Sparky
      Good to see that the swear filter is still working since the forum upgrade. :biggrin
    7. AJ
      AJ
      I have removed leosdelsol's last post and taken further action against this member.

This thread will now be closed as it is serving no purpose.