Typo in Self-Paced Training Kit? (70-270)

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by martin.downs, Mar 5, 2010.

1. martin.downs

martin.downs New Member

Hi,

I'm going through the Microsoft Self Paced Training Kit for Exam 70-270 (Installing, Configuring and Administering Microsoft Windows XP) and I've got to the end of a lesson on 'Creating Unattended Installations by Using Windows Setup Manager' and click on a Multimedia Presentation on 'How Setup Uses Answer Files and UDFs'. Slightly confused on two things on one of the presentations slides which I've attached to this post.

Firstly, why does it state that if 'Answer File = Key Specified', 'UDF = Key not specified' then ''Result = Value in answer file used' but then goes on to contradict itself two lines down saying for the same conditions 'Result = Value in UDF used'

Am I completely missing something or is this just a really untimely typo?!

Also I would have thought that if Answer File = Section and/or key not specified and UDF = Section and/or key specified then Result = Value in UDF used but the presentation has the result as 'Section and key are created and used by Setup'. Could someone try and explain that to me?!?

Thanks in advance!!!

Mart

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  2. honeymonkey

honeymonkey Bit Poster

Looks like a typo,

The UDF file overrides the answer file.

Attached Files:

Certifications: 10 meter swimming
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  3. AJ