Typical media

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Jul 4, 2016.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I dont know about you lot but over the last 5 years or so I have avoided what you could call the mainstream media, and when I do watch it I am always thinking, whats the angle here etc.

I mean for example, we have seen stuff about the English hooligans kicking of, which seems obligatory given any tournament, but what we dont see is the good side of football. Look at the Irish fans, northern and southern, they have had a ball. I think it was the northern Irish fans who were singing dancing queen with the Swedish fans, however this was only reported on facebook not the bbc and the like.

I question a lot of stuff the is forced down my throat these days

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

It's not just the UK mainstream media, the US also suffers from this, however you're also not likely to see the positives from the UK side of things either (the England fan's aren't all bad, I am sure that nice things have happened because of them).

For the most part I have been horrified with the Facebook reporting of certain events over the last couple of weeks, 'friends' views of certain things have truly shocked me which is why I stopped looking on facebook for a while.

Twitter is where it's all at now :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA