Two Questions

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by The Zig, Sep 7, 2010.

1. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Moving on from the DST, I'm interested in the 70-682 upgrade to 7. Certification gives me a syllabus and motivation to study.
    Two questions:-

1) Is there a good text or resource for it? The Microsoft site is amusingly unhelpful. Is the 70-685 book more or less right?
    Or is it a combo of that and the 70-680? Cos the 680 MS-Press book has... mixed reviews. To put it politely.

2) Are there any MCTs in the house? I used to be a teacher - back in the days before the IT with the cables and the servers and the...
    I'm trying to find out more about the MCT but again, microsoft.com is about as comprehensible as microsoft.co.jp. What does it involve? What do you need to do?

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?