two different ones(very simple questions)

Discussion in 'Networks' started by kobem, Nov 5, 2007.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i apologise but i felt to need asking questions

telnet question
    [​IMG]

1- according to schema above and shown connections
    i desire to telnet from pc2 to r2 .

for this , assume you configured interfaces of r2 and gave ip addresses by pulling console cable from pc2 to r2

after these steps , to telnet from pc2 to r2 , should i need a directly connection(on the meaning
    of pulling an ethernet cable that connects directly pc2 and r2) from pc2 to
    r2 ?

switch question
    [​IMG]

you know , switch offers a collision - free environment theoretically
    but regarding the schema above

consider pc1 and pc2 hosts started to transmit packet at the same time ( as a switch rule
    mentioning the dedicated lines , two collision domains exist here )

packet left pc1 and came to switch and simultaneously the other packet left the pc2 and arrived the switch

and as a beginning switch broadcasted it out its ports except th received one , and same was done for the
    other packet , can't they collide ?

i ask this because in the step of address learning and searching for destination address , switch
    broadcasts the packets.

NOTE : think destination of each packet is other computer

Certifications: CCNA
  2. MacAllan

MacAllan Byte Poster

A simple question deserves a simple answer:

No and No.

If you need elaboration, google on 'what is telnet' and 'how does a LAN switch work.'

Certifications: A+, N+, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP, Linux+
  3. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i know how these work , the real problem is damn questions confusing my mind!

first one is OK

but second ?

i use google every time but general concept is written in all pages i examined

Certifications: CCNA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's because you're attempting to study for Cisco stuff without an understanding of basic networking.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

Kobem, I'm fairly new here but I can already tell you don't have the basic knowledge you need to understand the more complex issues you are encountering. I suggest you revise the basics (if you have already covered them) and then look at these issues

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good point Suttar but he wont listen, apperently he has no way of getting reading material on basic networking or no one to get the material for him.

He just wants us to tell him the answers

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi Suttar, Kobem has been told so many times but he/she won't listen or doesn't understand what is being said.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

All joking aside, can you not buy Visio or something like that? The network pics look cr@p, strange looking PCs as well! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs