Two birds with one stone?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Med, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Med

Med Bit Poster

Im currently revising for the 270 exam, and found that alot of questions are server 2000/2k3 related, and Im just wondering should I be studying for 290 aswell and do both exams, or one exam at a time (as im doing now)

I did attend 2 weeks instructor lead classes, so server 2003 is not exactly new to me, so basically should 270 material cover everything I need to know for the 270 exam?

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Usually one exam at a time is best, however if you are very familiar with the technologies (have supported them for a long time) and just need the certs, you might be able to study for both and even take both very close together. If you are like the majority of people studying for certifications and are learning how to support it as you study, one exam at a time is recommended.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I'd stick with the default answer and go one at a time. It may seem to take longer overall but it would be quicker and less financially painful than failing the exam(s) and having to retry again.

4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

What study material are you using Med?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Another vote for "one at a time".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. Med

Med Bit Poster

using cbt nuggets video tutorials, transcender and measureup and also the microsoft e-learning presentations/labs. Ive just ordered Exam Cram 2 aswell, should this be enough?

I'll be taking one at a time then :)

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well the Transcender and Measure Up are both test prep packages, designed to test whether you are ready to take the exam and really to be honest you dont need both.

The CBT nuggets are fine as an 'additional' resourse too.

You really do need a good book or two as well, hopefully the Exam Cram 2 will cover the topics in sufficient detail but i am not sure. Personally i used the Sybex books for my study plus other resources.

Anyone else care to comment?

8. Med

Med Bit Poster

oh right, just covering as many questions as possible, I think ive got the 270 sybex book aswell, what else did you use combined with that?

9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I used Microsoft's *Technet* and their *Knowledge Base* (KB) articles. also read any relevant RFCs and *White Papers* (some of which are huge). Plus I refered to the exam topics a lot, to make sure i was covering everything and keeping on track. Also, the relevant Cramsession PDF to help consolidate the important details. Anything legit that i could get my hands on really.