TV Stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by bmurray2005, Sep 25, 2006.

1. bmurray2005

bmurray2005 Bit Poster

i think i've asked this before but what software would i need for picture enhancements like you see on the telly. any software iv used only ever enhances the pixels so u get a nice big blur on the screen so how do u do it the way its done on tv.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Can you expand more on your question?
    What do you mean by 'picture enhancements'?

3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Most "picture enhancements" you see in films and similar on TV are in fact 'artistic license' - i.e. impossible in the real world. As you have discovered!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Well, not sure if this helps, but I use DScaler and ffdshow on one of my mediaPCs. Outstanding software, both in terms of de-interlacing and processing.

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  5. bmurray2005

bmurray2005 Bit Poster

so when they pull a pic off cctv footage and hit a few buttons and voila there is a perfectly preserved close up its all c**p? good,glad i could clear that up. part of me wants to believe thes things so its better if someone just comes right out and says it.
    does the same thing go for these things they insert in cash machines to read pin numbers and get lots of cash??

and ivjust been on ebay and theres a PC Analyser (Mini sci card) for diagnosing problems on pc's and laptops. is that any use?

6. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Depends on the context. If it is 'drama', i.e. fiction, then it is definitely fiction. With *very* expensive gear it is sometimes possible in the real world to improve a CCTV capture by using adjacent frames. But just read the news reports where all too often the capture shows *someone* was there, but they can't identify who.
    No - those things exist. Always check there doesn't seem to be something attached to a cash machine.

Depends. If it is a 'post board' then it can be very useful. If it is something else I'll need a reference to check what it actualy is.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+