Tshirts

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by techno, Jul 30, 2009.

1. techno

techno Bit Poster

Hi all
    Right first off i dont know the rules on this so if its illegal or breachs microsoft rules i wont do it.
    basically i phoned up our works clothing supplyer who put our company logo on shirts.
    I asked how much it would be for some shirts with MCTS, MCITP
    its £25 setup fee
    then like £4 for printing plus garment. Nice quality short and long sleeved tops for £3-4
    I really want to get some made up just to wear at work kind of got that kiddy excitment feeling.
    lol
    I dont want to make any money on them just wondered if anyone would want some and if microsoft would frown on this. i wouldnt be doing a big order just maybe 10 shirts a few for me and some for people on here.
    I realise some of you may see this as stupid but i just didnt want to pay $70 for a shirt from the mcp store.
    Your coments/advice would be really useful
    Thanks
    Techno

Certifications: MCTS X 4, MCITP Consumer Support
    WIP: 70-271, 70-272 im on a break
  2. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

you can put what ever you like on a t-shirt as long as your not coping design or logo,

ie: D&G is a well known designer name but alot of hen partys use this "Drunk & Gorgeous".

what you suggest sound like coping and I would ask permission first.

WIP: C++ and A+
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Haven't you read the telephone book of guidelines that came with your welcome pack?

Me neither. :blink

I'm fairly sure that you can use and MS logo that you're entitled to on pretty much anything given a few restrictions. You can't change the design, colour or shape, and it needs to be smaller than your own company logo if you've got one.

They may quibble if you randomly put 'MCSE' an a load of shirts and give them to anybody - but in the grand scheme of things, are they ever really going to notice?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

have you considered purchasing the MS t-shirts from MS directly?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. techno

techno Bit Poster

Thanks for your replys
    Yes i have considered buying from the mcp store just couldnt justify $70 for one shirt inc shipping.
    I dont want to make any money merely justify the £25 set up cost Im only going to have a MCTS or MCITP.
    I guess your right that its so small no one would really care.
    So would anyone be interested?

Certifications: MCTS X 4, MCITP Consumer Support
    WIP: 70-271, 70-272 im on a break