Trustpilot

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by cisco lab rat, Sep 8, 2010.

1. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

Just flogged my iphone via mazuma, and they have just sent me an e-mail to rate their company and service on a website called "trustpilot"

I had to fill in my details, name, e-mail, order number (to verify that I was a real mazuma customer and not a competitor trying to sabotage.), I left a review along with a star rating.

I was thinking of getting the service for my biz, would it be something that anyone here would use, it is £50 a month to use the service, it seems like a good idea, but before today I had never heard of them, please let me know your views.

Cheers

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Never heard of Trustpilot but I've received similar things in the past when I've bought products online, personally I have a tendency to only fill them in if I'm really happy or really unhappy with the product and or service.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Agreed ^

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  4. Nick74

Nick74 Bit Poster

For £50 a month I think it would be very useful in your line of business. You are asking people for honest feedback without the embarassment of asking face to face, or the effort of returning a postal survey etc. I think the fact that you are prepared to ask for feedback shows you are valuing their custom and feedback, which in turn reflects well regardless of what the feedback actually is.

I do a similar thing in my business (currently a financial advisor), however I do mine by post purely for the fact that I have to send various bits and bobs to most clients for signature, so it is just one more thing to throw in the envelope.

One thing I also include in mine (may or may not be of use and I dont want to teach you to suck eggs) is a note to the effect of thanks for the business, please feel free to recommend me - you would be suprised how many clients ring to ask me if I mind them passing my number on - and I offer a £20 John Lewis voucher if someone they refer me to does business with me. This has been successful enough that I havent advertised by any other method for about 3 years, it is all word of mouth and repeat, and if that costs me a few vouchers each month I think it is well worth it.

You may be able to tinker with this and do something directly with your clients for less than £600 a year, but I think there is also something to be said for having feedback which you havent influenced - both for what it shows the client about you and what the client can tell you.

Jeez that was more long winded than I intended. :D

Certifications: C&G, A+
  5. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I too agree with this, I normally expect a certain level of service for which I pay for, no more no less and it is only human nature to raise an eye brow if the service level is +/- of what you expect.

Thanks Nick, if my wife saw the JL vouchers she'd be off down the shops in a flash.:D

We generally give our students "very much nice price" if they recommend us. What I am looking for is reviews of our business which are available to view to the general public and at the same time be transparent in the sense that the source of the review is a verifiable one for the business. For example, mazuma require me to enter an order number which is tied to my transaction so one can not leave a review (Good or bad) unless they really were a customer.

I saw a news Item the other day where a photography studio had a ton of bad reviews posted up on a forum, these review were made to look like they had been posted up by competitor A when they really had been posted by Competitor B, (whatever) the point is the poster of the reviews can not be verified since they can simply hide behind a pseudonym, the affected business went under and the forums hosting the posts refused to remove them......

Transparency is the key here, hence the interest in trustpilot.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree