trouble ticket on the intranet tru webserver

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by fs, Feb 7, 2012.

1. fs

fs Bit Poster

Hi,

I need advice for a trouble ticket system trough webserver for an intranet (part of wan with internet access through a gateway, with windows srv 2003). I don't have experience in programming but eager to learn :biggrin. At this stage I am not considering freeware software for privacy concerns and because I'd like to learn a bit by myself. If needed, I might in the future consider some well-know and trustworthy commercial software though (even opensource).

Prior, the internal staff visit a webpage on the intranet, register for an account with a password and company email address. Get an email notification and confirm the account, then they can submit their requests with a web form (they should be able to keep track of their numbered trouble ticket. A plus would be the historical).Those requests go to the helpdesk (even for further assignment to others helpdesk operators/technicians). I'd like to avoid emailing directly to the helpdesk. I read about cms and modules, but honestly I have no clue from where to start. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for any advice
    fs

Certifications: HNC
    WIP: COMPTIA A+ CCNA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Don't know why you just don't use Spiceworks. However if you need/want something that is ITIL/FITS compatible, then you'll have to pay for the product (haven't found any free/opensource versions).

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    Boffy likes this.
  3. fs

fs Bit Poster

Thanks for you answer. Any advice on commercial software? What about if I want to do by myself? Regards
    Fs

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

On commerical software, based on experience the one that I wish that I could have at my current place would be Hornbill. However, the one that I found that meets all my current needs (including the usability factor) within an affordable price tag would be Richmond.

If you go in it yourself, there are a wide variety:

Spiceworks (see above)
    Hesk
    Sharepoint with the helpdesk template
    ISS

And plenty more out there.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. fs

fs Bit Poster

Wow! thanks a lot. I start working on it.
    Regards
    fs

6. TerryScott

TerryScott New Member

If you do decide to go commercial in the future, I recommend focalscope.com. It is an email ticket help desk software and they even have a free startup you can use to really give the software a workout to see if it meets your needs.

7. mtalk

mtalk New Member

If you are looking for quality helpdesk you can try out Vision Helpdesk, I am personaly using this software very proffessional and easy to customize as per requirement. Available on Cloud Hosted solution as well.