Transcender

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by phonics3k, Sep 21, 2006.

1. phonics3k

phonics3k Nibble Poster

I keep hearing alot about Transcender on this site and would like to know if it really is worth buying?

if so then I am gonna buy the MCTS version (if there is one) to help me study the rest of my MCTS.

Any tips on this?

Certifications: None As Yet
    WIP: MCTS: 70-536 & 70-526
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yes IMHO Transcender products really are excellent, they are not cheap but they are worth the money.

One of the important things to bear in mind when you are choosing any resource is whether or not they are legitimate. Transcender test prep software is a legitimate study aid in as much as they are not braindumps like so many others. The questions are written by Transcender's own staff not illegally purloined from nefarious sources on t'internet.

They should be used when you think you are nearly prepared for the exam not as a replacement for hands on and good old fashion book reading.

You can usually download a free demo of about ten questions, which will give you the gist of the interface. It's a similar engine to the real one, hence it will give you a feel for what the real exam will be like but without subjecting you to the actual questions (braindump).

They give good explanations as to why each answer is either correct or wrong and references to the related information on the net, so you can dig in deep in the areas which you are weakest.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Here's the link for transcender test sims for your route.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. phonics3k

phonics3k Nibble Poster

Thanks for the explanation Bluerinse and thanks for the link wagnerk.

I will be getting this when I get paid in a couple of days :D

Certifications: None As Yet
    WIP: MCTS: 70-536 & 70-526
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I agree. Transcender isn't cheap, but i feel it is worth the hard earned money.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. SteveM

SteveM New Member

I totally agree - got my MCAD some time ago with a mix of self-study, classroom training and transcenders.

Found the exams really easy, and I credit that to the transcenders.

The best part for me was that for every question you get wrong, it gives you a link to the reference material in the MSDN library.

S