Transcender vs Real A+ 602 exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by Dhughes, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Hello, im Dave from Tewkesbury in doing the CompTia A+ with Advent training, ive studied my book and done the transcender cd exams, For those of you (if any one) thats done this course through Advent youll know you have to sit a mock exam before you can sit the real test. Ive just sat this mock and score 95%, the questions were basicly the same as the Transcender CD,
    So ill get to my question, how far off the Real Exam are these questions that transender are using? Ive read many web sites people complaining the order 301 exam were nothing like the training cd's (although they never said which training cd's) and now im kind of panicing that even though i nailed the mock will the real exam be so different ill fail miserably?

Apprechiate any feed back you guys can give me,

Wish i found this forum months ago lol

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Well, the real exams arent going to be the same as the transcender because of copyright etc. They are similar tho. As long as you understand the concepts behind the questions on the transcender then you should be fine.

Alot of people fall into the trap of memorising the transcender questions tho, all this does is give you a false score and a false sense of security for the real exam. I only use the transcender a few times so i dont memorise stuff.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Quoted for Truth and Wisdom.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Dhughes

Dhughes Byte Poster

Thanks for the reply, just what i was looking for, i was mainly worried as ive read many sites saying the eal exams were miles away for the practice cd, in terms of question lay outs and in deepthness, Guess i shall use the thinking what will be will be and its not the end of the world , but im quietly confident behind the nerves lol

Certifications: A+ Essentails, A+ Technician , MCDST
    WIP: MCSE