transcender vs 601 exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by christopherroper, Aug 14, 2009.

1. christopherroper

christopherroper New Member

hi i have a transcender cd supplied by my training company (advent) after doing all the exams on here exausting the cd how relevent are the questions on there compared to the exam itself
    i gather the format is the same ie multiple choice
    also on this cd it covers loads on scsi i guess thats not the case in the real exam
    anyway any of you that have experienced the transcender cd please reply and say if im doing the right thing by remembering the answers from this cd

WIP: comptia a+
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

its not about 'remembering the answers' its about understanding the processes used to reach those answers.

If all you've done is memorise the contents of the Transcender practice exams then A) your unlikely to pass the exam and B) even if you do pass the exam I wouldn't trust you working in my team.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. christopherroper

christopherroper New Member

i remember the answers i got wrong by reading the explanations so i can learn, sorry if you interpretued that i would expect to pass by just remembering if its a b c or d lol if only life was that easy

WIP: comptia a+
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you should only do the practice exams hwne you feel ready. Doing them over and over will just make you remember the answers.

I used Transcender and preplogic when I did my A+ but I wish I had used Boson practice exams. They are much better, don't have spelling mistakes in them and are clearly worded with good explanation and references to the answers of questions.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?