Transcender or Measure up for MS exams?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Davidh1819, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Davidh1819

Davidh1819 Nibble Poster

Hi Everyone

I will be booking the 70-272 soon and wondering if mesureup could be any better than transcender i used transcender for 70-271 due to money being tight atm i was wondering if anyone has hade good experiance with measure up since there alot cheaper and now 30% off

any thoughts?

thank you

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
  2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Before coming to work at Boson, I used to work at Transcender. I think their 70-272 product is pretty good (I helped work on it!). However, I'd suggest looking at the Self Test product instead. Self Test's parent company bought Transcender in late 2003. After the integration of the two companies, the two product lines were identical except the Transcender product contained 10% more content. If you can live without the 10% of extra content, you can save some money and still get the same content by buying the Self Test products.

I can't really comment on the MeasureUp products as I've never used them.

3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Another thumbs up from me for Self Test Software, very Transcender-ish without the extra cost.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

There's a reason for that... as Josh mentioned it's the same thing, less 10% of the exam questions. Not just similar questions... the exact same ones.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!