Transcender or Boson

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by xavipr, Jul 2, 2009.

1. xavipr

xavipr Bit Poster

Hello everybody,

I would like to take the MCSE exams in a few months... what Q&A do you recommend: Transcender or Boson? Anyone know the differences between them?

Thanks for all!

Mod edit (Z)

Certifications: 70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Well, for a start, one of them is a braindump, and against the T's&C's of the vendor. Hence using it could get you decertified by MS and banned from ever certifying again.

Not to mention that it will lead to 'hard stares' from everyone on this forum.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Testking are braindumps.....if you don't know what this is i would go google it

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi, welcome to the forums. As mentioned one of the above vendors is illegal and called a braindump - that being Testking. A braindump is basically a set of questions made up from the exact exam in other words its cheating cause you see the exam questions before.

The other two are reliable vendors and people on this forum will each have their own opinions on them - i personally used transcender before but that was a few years ago as i havent taken an exam for a bit.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Oh dear, expect quite a reaction to your question . . . . . first off. Please don't use Test King, its illegal and I'm sure its an honest mistake and that you just want a good exam silmulator to help test your learning.

I haven't used Boson but I've heard good things about their Microsoft products. Transcender are also supposed to be quite good. All in all either of the two are probably the best in the market at the minute.

Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

No there will be NO reaction to his question. It has been explained and end of! We will help this user with the other two products.

Thank you.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. xavipr

xavipr Bit Poster

Thanks for the answers... I'll get more knowledge from Transcender or Boson, to make up my mind...

8. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

I not looking for brain dump but I'm looking if some could pose as me and sit all exam
    I willing to offer 5 pound an exam.

:tune

9. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Ha ha made me laugh, bet you'd do it for 291 too . . . . . :p

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  10. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

i'd re-edit his original post..

after reading that.. and then reading the 2nd post..
    it suggests that either transcender/boson are braindumps

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  11. xavipr

xavipr Bit Poster

Exactly Zimbo... I just want to know the best way to learn and prepare myself for taking the exams...

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

People who do that are called "gunmen", and can get you into more trouble than using braindumps can.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. BosonMichael

Boson's MCSE content was written before I started with Boson. As a result, I've never used it, so I can't vouch for whether it's high-quality content or not.

Transcender's original MCSE content was written by me, BosonJosh, BosonVal, and another guy who worked with us. However, I don't know how much of our content remains and how much has been replaced with Self Test's content (Self Test purchased Transcender in early '04).

So... I dunno what I'd recommend for the MCSE. I do know that both companies are legit.

For the MCTS and MCITP exams, there's no contest - I'd recommend the Boson ExSim MAX products in a heartbeat.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  14. xavipr

xavipr Bit Poster

Anybody know why the same practice exam in Transcender is more expensive than the Self Test Software?... for example the 70-270 in Transcender costs $99, the same one in Self Test Software costs $79... seems to be the same exact practice exam...

15. BosonMichael

Good question - I never understood management's logic regarding the decision to have two different brands at two different price points with basically the same product. When I worked there, the only difference between the two was that you got 10% more questions and 20% more Flash cards with the Transcender product. I have no idea if they've changed that policy since 2005 (when I decided to leave).

16. xavipr

xavipr Bit Poster

Looking both MS 70-270 Practice Exam, here's the trick:

Self Test Software, $79:
    - 210 exceptionally realistic practice exam questions
    - 322 free Self Test Software Flash cards

Transcender, $99:
    - 175 exceptionally realistic practice exam questions in the cd and download version
    - 435 free TranscenderFlash cards in the cd, online and download exam

17. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I personally prefer Boson. :wink:

With that being said I'm wondering if they are working on the updated Linux+ objectives that are due out sometime late this year.......:D

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  18. BosonMichael

Either way... it's the same company, with the same authors and the same standards. Buy what you will. :)

19. BosonMichael

Unfortunately, no... there's not even close to enough demand for Linux+ study products.