Transcender - Microsoft

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by MrNice, Sep 10, 2005.

1. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Alright dudes,

70-270 exam this Tuesday!

I have a quick question if anyone can offer advice I would be most grateful.

I have been using the Transcender exam simulation software for this exam. How similar are the questions to the actual Microsoft qestions?
    I have used the Transcender A+ software and found it to be almost identical to Comptia's questions although I would have said the actual exam questions were indeed more difficult. Is this the case with Transcender - Microsoft?
    Also has anyone came across sample "simulation" questions on the web that have been included by Microsoft as my transcender sure dont contain any of that?

Thanks for any input

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Quick answer - very ! In fact, the general consensus it that they are deliberately written a little harder than the real thing, so if you can pass the Transcenders, you are pretty much deemed good to go.

Let me wish you all the very best of CF luck with the exam next week - we're due another party ! Go for it Dude :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I used transcender as prep for 270 and passed with no sweat. It's excellent!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Speaking from experience and from someone who knows a few folks who still work there, I can offer this.

While the questions you see on the Transcender exam are very different than the actual exam questions, if you actually learn WHY the right answers are right and WHY the wrong answers are wrong, you'll nail the exam on the first try.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Geek: Thanks worth knowing for the certs. :D

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I would say it varies. Sometimes the Transcender is slightly harder than the actual exam and sometimes it is no where near as tough. Transcenders should be used at the end of your studying to make sure you have covered all the necessary topics in enough depth. They are not a substitute for the books and other resources you should have at your disposal whilst studying.

The free downloadable demo which gives you ten sample questions is a good taster for this product.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I found Trancender very useful for both A+ and N+. Probably more so for N+ as I found the questions harder than the ones on the exam. I ended up with a better score on my N+ than I did on any of my practice exams. :)

I do think the N+ Trancender for the old 2003 objectives seemed to stray from the subject matter in some cases, posing far tougher more complex problems than I found on the exam. They are probably using a few questions in there that they use for Cisco certs etc... I definitely learnt more because of this though and understood the subject matter better.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

Time to update your profile now MrNice now that your a shiny new MCP :biggrin

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100