Transcender for 70-461

Discussion in 'SQL Exams' started by chicola, Sep 30, 2015.

1. chicola

chicola Bit Poster

Hi,

Is the Transcender exam software any good for the 70-461 exam or is their a better test suite to use as a study aid?

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Transcender used to be known as a decent test provider although I haven't used them for a number of years now.

I would also look at the Microsoft recommended test - http://www.mindhub.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MU-70-461_P

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Microsoft use MeasureUp, they are ok, you'll need to know more than the MeasureUp test to pass.

4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Another one for MeasureUp. I too lose track of who's good these days, and a search can bring up some horrific cheating losers, so I have gravitated toward them as they are on the MS website

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

yeah I have also used MeasureUp for the 2008 exams. Well worth it.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  6. chicola

chicola Bit Poster

Can anyone comment on Transcender as I am looking for something that will cover everything I need to pass? If Measure Up doesn't do this then it probably isn't worth me buying it.

7. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Simulators are not great for training or learning, they are supposed to be used for last minute revision.

If you're relying on a simulator to cover everything you're already in trouble and probably doing it wrong.

What I advise is :-

1. Read one or more books, probably more than one in this case.
    2. Practise with a lab or software or hardware.
    In this case install SQL Server, create a DB, write a load of queries. Run queries against Northwind and Pubs, etc. Basically learn SQL and SQL server.
    3. Take the exam

8. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

I disagree that simulators are not a good learning tool. Although I do agree that the primary form of learning should be done from a book/labbing.

In my experience transcender exams are excellent and I highly recommend them. I've used Boson and had trials of a couple of others, but transcender's answer explanations are very detailed and provide link to technet/various other articles for further learning. Transcender also has a 'flashcard app' included with the simulator. Many of the flashcards include information not included in the exam questions and is also very, very handy for retaining information. In case you're wondering I used it for Network+ and I'm currently using it for 70-680. I wouldn't use anything else unless they had a flashcard app and was significantly cheaper.

9. chicola

chicola Bit Poster

This is rubbish, I have passed many, many certs by using exam simulations.

I look at the questions and then I find out what I need to know based on the question and responses and then I study the areas which have been brought up by referring to the book, online blogs and the labs I have created.

Already doing this, you've just made the assumption that I'm not.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015