Trancender usage and prediction

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by boots2k, Jun 14, 2008.

1. boots2k

boots2k Bit Poster

I have been using trancender for a few weeks now and I have booked my 70-271 for 23 july.

On the flash cards (on all 6 sections) i have been getting between 80 and 90% on a regular basis.
    When I get typically 100% i will move on to the main exam sim.

Just how predictive is trancender if I am getting good results?

thanks

WIP: MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If your getting between 80 & 90 on the actual practice exam then you may be ready. Just dont do exams etc over and over or you will be remembering the questions and not having to think about it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Although, trancender is a good exam practice software, an indication on high marks on it does not necessarily mean you are ready for the actual exam.

In other words you need to have studied, read and carried out the hands on practice on the MS press and Sybex books.

I hope I did not come across as discouraging as the actual exam in my opinion as well as judging from my recent experience on the MS exams does not come too close for comfort.

To be honest I'd concentrate more on the MS press book as well as the practice test questions at the end of each chapters. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. boots2k

boots2k Bit Poster

thanks guys

WIP: MCDST
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The flash cards are really just memory joggers, they are not a good indication that you understand the actual theory well.. The Transcender exams are a much better guide for pointing out your week areas.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)