Training Start Up Company - advice please

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by gowen, Sep 28, 2007.

1. gowen

gowen New Member

Firstly hello to all the forum regulars - I wonder I can pick your brains?
    Myself and a few colleagues run an IT business in North Wales, we consist of engineers, instructors and myself the manager all with 20 years + IT experience and (mostly) certificated in Microsoft / Cisco disciplines.

In our last meeting we decided to look into branching into training MCSE courses (initially) providing live in accommodation therefore offering a 'bootcamp' style course spanning 2 - 3 weeks. Everything is in place from accommodation to training suite - we've even been accepted by Prometric as a testing centre so really all good to go - it's just convincing the directors.............

Has anyone any statistics on how many MCSE's are gained each year in the UK? Just trying to give some figures to the board to tempt them.
    I know there's quite a few of these style companies around but our accommodation and course is set in glorious countryside set a few 100 metres from the sea. Weekends would be spent kayaking, white water rafting, climbing etc. so definitely different from City offerings.

Any stats on MCSE students / passes etc. would be most welcome

Message for moderator - this is a genuine question. I am not spamming or advertising. No mention of the location or start date for this training site is mentioned (nor will be)

2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I have approved this post due to the last comment as it falls within the T & C.

Please reply or not but let's please keep it civil and on topic.

Thanks guys.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi there, firstly welcome to the forums!

I'm wondering whether MS would be able to provide you with those stats - I would assume that they'd be happy to as you want to train people in using their products!

I like the sound of your Action Weekends tied in with MCSE training - or MCSE tied in with Action weekends! It's certainly different and would promote some good team building skills and opportunities to makes some friends! Pity my old TP never did such a thing!

Stick around and let us all know how you get on!!!

Good luck!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

It may be beneficial for you to try signing up here?

I am not a member, so I can't guarantee that the statistics are in there - but it looks like the most beneficial place for you to start.

I'd just like to echo Drum Dude too - combining certification with an 'R&R' weekend is an excellent idea. I hope you get the info you need.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

The Idea sounds absolutely brilliant. I really hope you become one of the good TP's. I hope you Intend to stick around and are not just a one poster because it sounds like you would be a good asset to the forums. :D

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  6. Ossian

Ossian Bit Poster

The idea of combining boot camp with boot camp sounds very good!
    Will you be looking for any freelance trainers?

Certifications: MCT, MCSE/A, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP, Sec+
    WIP: Not sure....