Training providers

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Nashy, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Nashy

Nashy New Member

I'm trying to step into the IT job market. My background is biochemistry and I have a Masters degree. I have no experience providing IT support, but I am well aware of how microsoft windows operating systems work, from over 10 years of troubleshooting and pc building (assembly).

Having no IT experience is making it extremely difficult, especially during the recession, to get into the IT job market. I need to get some microsofit certification.

Would anyone recommend training providers?
    I've checked out computeach and had some idiot salesman around my house pretending to be an IT pro (but he didn't have a clue about my pc). I've looked into Advent computing and it seems ok...

Just IT looks awsome and they offer a good payment plan...and a money back guarantee. Anyone heard of Just IT in particular?

Thanks

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Try searching for 'Advent' on this forum mate! :biggrin

At the risk of appearing unhelpful, you may want to search for 'training provider' too... 8)

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

As Tony the Tiger would say "they're grrrrrrreat" :eek:

Have a look at EZE training for MS training, good outfit for MS

Cheers

Joe

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You could also check out your local college, some of them are Microsoft, Comptia, Cisco academies and offer the courses at a very reasonable rate. NesoIT Training are pretty good from experience. But then again there is always the self-study route for the A+, Network+ and the MCDST/MCITP: CST (since you don't have domain experience, the consumer support tech may be of more value to you)...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Really? Have you looked on here?

Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Why not start with the A+ and N+ just to give you a foundation?

I would also suggest that some self study time is used to see how you get on with that, there are some who cry at the use of a TP and say that you should do it all via self study, there are others (like me) who just can't do the whole self study thing.

As far as Advent goes, they went bust a few months ago and you honestly would be better off getting books first of all until you decide exactly what direction you want to go.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  7. timmer

timmer Bit Poster

I have had training with Commsupport and Eze training and highly recommend them both. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2010