Training Providers Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by JamieKitsonUK, Mar 10, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Most success doesn't come quickly. It's a slow, steady process unless you simply get lucky.

Although they are a competitor to Boson, at least they are legit.

Glad to be of service.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. volatile

volatile Nibble Poster

Hence the word "may". No situation is the same. Some people may experience this a few times...some may not. I've experienced both. I progressed in one company without a degree....and now I can't progress because of a lack of a master's degree. Not everyone will be as fortunate as you and not everyone will be unfortunate. Again, that is why I used the word "may".

Edit: To clarify I work at a much higher level and with more responsibility than my level would indicate. However, since I don't have the requisite number of years of experience and don't have the proper degree I can't progress quicker. Eventually, as I get the years of experience, that are stated as the requirements for a certain level, it will be easier to push me forward. However, with where I am at now I can't speed up the process like I would like. Prior to this, I made jumps in my level quickly.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
    Certifications: Computer Science Degree, A+
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Probably best to comment on a degree if you have actually done one yourself. :tongue

It doesn’t sound like your bro made the most of his degree or went to a crap university. I’m not going to turn this thread into a debate about getting a degree in IT or not but this kinda thing is always raised by someone who doesn’t have a degree.

If a degree is so worthless then why bring it up?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I didn't.

As far as my bro went, I already said that his degree has nothing to do with the IT field, tbh at the time he was in Uni he didn't even know he was going into IT. As far as where.. he got his from Northampton, I don't know whether it's a good or bad Uni. What I do know is that his advice was not to waste my time getting one.

I can only comment on what was advised to me by someone who does have one!

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA