Training fun

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by troubledtony, Feb 15, 2006.

1. troubledtony

troubledtony Bit Poster

Hi all thought i'd let you know how things are gouing on the self training front, welll i've done well on the scrounging front most people seem to have an old pc in the loft these days, isn't progress a wonderfull thing!, so two of those one of my own, and a rather neat desktop from ebay, some cheap network cards, and a neat switch that allows me to run multiple pcs from one keyboard, and voila i'm like a kid in a toy shop! (being humiliated by my kids playing muliplayer quake wasn't in the deal though! :blink ) i've built a fully functioning network for about £120. not bad realy and tonight got the ICS sorted out ( firewall fun) The mike myers books are excellent plus i bought some cd's from ebay again which seem to be the same as i was offered by a training provider for £600. Strange layout though means that sometimes you are asked ques in the end of section test that relate to the following section rather than the proceeding one :dry , i've also upgraded a couple of the pc's os's to 98, one was on 3.1! so they'd work on a network with less hassle, although i've just really upset one of them by installing the latest dx driver, it went all blue and fell over on it's side :p good job i'm a patient sort of chap, so i'm halfway through reinstalling 98 again( mrs is very patient too!) Having spent a couple of weeks on A+ now i just can't see how these tp's say that you can easily do A+ N+ and MCSE in two years and still have a life or be able to eat! there may be hyper intelligent mega beings out there who could but i'm not one of them, mind you if i dont get A+ in six months i'm going to be pretty ticked off. That'll do for now no one'll read this far anyway. bye bye T

Certifications: none
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Interesting Tony, thanks for posting and well done, you are on your way 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Just to prove that I read it all!

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

What a really great post to read. Thanks for that, Tony - good to hear a positive progress report, and how you are really getting the bug. My thoughts from reading this are that you should be changing your username to not-nearly-so troubled tony :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Nice one Tony. We all have to start at the ground up, and it sounds like you are really taking the bull by the horns and getting to grips with it.

As far as being a kid in a candy shop . . . . . . you should see me on a trip to a good PC and parts outlet, I'm like a wild man.

Big boys and their big toys eh, we'll never grow up . . . . just older. :biggrin

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I read more than Simon did!

Nice one.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD