Trainee Analyst Programmer

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by johnwai, Sep 24, 2006.

1. johnwai

johnwai New Member

Morning Guys

Guess this shouldn't be in this forums but I'm wishing to do some research on this job. Any tips on this role anyone? The companie this job is offered is deloitte.

You need to be a lateral thinker with good methodical approach to problem solving. Suitable for a teamworker who is approachable and adaptable with the ability assimilate information rapidly.

You will be developing database applications using visual foxpro and also enhancing existing applications, analyse problems and enhancements, coding, testing, and debugging systems. You will also provide ad hoc assistance and advice on it related topis to IT users.

Firstly i got some programming background, iv used C, C++, and java and not to mention visual basic. And i have also used mysql server and studied database design and entity relationship, normalisation etc ...

Need to do a cover letter although they only required a cv. Got any tips of what and how i should write it up ? although i know how to write effective ones but im open to suggestions to improve myself.

Thats how much help I need for now.

Thank you all in advance

Have a nice day.

John Wai

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck on your job hunting.

Here's a couple of links for you, you've already stated that you already know how to write a good cover letter so I'm not sure how much the links will help you.

Link1, Link2, Link3, Link4

The some of the advise that was given to me was:

1. Don't make your cover letter long than a page.
    2. Write about your strengths for the job and give examples of past projects.
    3. Don't list everything in your cover letter otherwise there's nothing fresh to talk about during your interview.
    4. Get someone who is not in the IT field and someone who is in the IT field to read your cover letter. Majority of the time the personnel dept and the IT dept will be reading the cover letter & CV. You'll most likely have to write it so both can understand it.

I hope that this is be the first of many posts with individual experiences and advise.

Hope this helps

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security