Top study resources?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by The Zig, Oct 28, 2008.

1. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Hey,
    Apart from the Self-Paced Training Kits are there any really good resources for this course?
    Especially on-line.

Almost everything I've hit upon so far flagged up as a dump when I CertGuarded it, so where are the good sites?!

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Most may seem simple, but when you read different views on the one subject, it can help quite a bit.

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Generally, they're the ones that cost money. You usually get what you pay for. 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

TBH, a PC with XP on it and the MS Press books should be more than enough.

Go through the practicals in the 271 and 272 manuals until you think you're bored of them. Then put the manuals away and play... and play... and play... and play...

Some sites such as www.informit.com have good articles on elements in XP that could map to the exam objectives, but I think Mr Cheeks has given you the best possible (free) pointers that are available.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you tube has plenty of video guides from enrty level stuff up to networking admin tutorials.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?