Top jobs are in IT

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Apr 6, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Top jobs are in IT

I'd take this announcement with a grain of salt. -Trip

You can stop worrying about the IT employment shortage of years past. The IT industry is now a very secure place to be. Case in point - five of the top ten best jobs are in IT. According to a recent article published by Careerbuilder, software engineer, application engineer, software systems analyst, database administrator and network systems analyst, are among the fastest growing and highest paying job titles in America. With salaries for these positions ranging from $60,000 to $80,000, industry professionals agree that choosing an IT career definitely pays off. In a September 2005 CompTIA Web poll, 42 percent of respondents listed "pay" as a major factor for staying at their job. Compensation was not the only positive aspect to working in IT - 33 percent of individuals said "work environment" and "skills development opportunities" were also key factors.

Read the entire article Here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Mr.Cheeks
      Mr.Cheeks
      Interesting but I dont quite believe it...

What happened with job satisfaction?
    2. simongrahamuk
      simongrahamuk
      Personaly I'd pick job satisfaction over pay any day. Unless someone offered me a HUGE pay rise, then I may change my mind! :biggrin
    3. Rostros22
      Rostros22
      I would pick job satisfaction over pay in an ideal world

But unfortunately satisfaction doesn’t pay the mortgage! :biggrin
    4. ffreeloader
      ffreeloader
      I have to go with the job satisfaction bit too. As long as I make enough to live on, job satisfaction is the number one reason for staying at one job or moving on. I would much rather be happy at work and make a living wage, than make a pile of money and hate my job....