too late to upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Amine, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

Hello Everyone,

I am in a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate your thoughts on this.

I am an MCSA-M/MCSE in 2000, due to various factors I have not been following the cert game, now that things have settled I am thinking of upgrading my certs.
    I am aware that the deadline for the upgrade exams is March. So my question is this: have I left it too late to do the upgrades? I know it’s a subjective question so humor me on this one….

Thanks in advance and happy xmas.

WIP: Exchange
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

OK, depending on your experience with Win2k3 and the study materials you use. I do not see why you can't at least do the 70-292 and upgrade your MCSA 2k to MCSA 2k3. If you have enough time and experience then do the 70-296 to upgrade your MCSE.

To go thru the upgrade paths to Win 2k8 all you need is the MCSA 2k3.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

I have the 70-292/296 Microsoft book and the CBT nuggets for both exams, and I have been using Win2k3 in a production environment for the last couple of years.

Thanks for your input wagnerk much appreciated .

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck on your studies, remember you have about approx 3 months to study and pass :)

And if you start studying now, depending on how you feel, you could sign up for the second shot. Do the first exam mid to end of Jan and if you fail you can re-sit for free :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

that's the plan ken thanks mate ! :thumbleft

6. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Crap, I'm in the same boat. Only, I *don't* currently work in a 2003 environment, so things are getting rusty. :(

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  7. MarkN

MarkN Nibble Poster

Me too!

Spent the last 12 months managing a helpdesk covering maternity leave... Go back to being a techie in Jan and rusty as hell, got some nice projects lined up though Citrix and SCOM 2007 so looking forward to it - booked the 292/296 exams for the end of Feb so building my VMWare lab to day

Certifications: MCSE NT4\W2K,CNE,CCEA,ASE
    WIP: CCNA
  8. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

Glad that I am not the only one who left it to the last minute .com :D