Tonights Dr Who

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by twizzle, Jul 5, 2008.

1. postman

postman Byte Poster

I was making a Star Trek joke.

Images of Kirk screaming "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" in a dramatic style only Bill Shatner can do:eek:

WIP: A+
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Well, just to keep this thread chuging along... the final episode was very good... but...

I thought Catherine Tate showed that she can actually act, without the usual 'Am I bovvered' rubbish. I hope she gets the opportunity to do some serious acting. She could have been overshadowed by the Doctor and Rose elements, but she wasn't. Fantastic!

Freema... sorry, but I got the impression that she was making up the numbers. Not sure if she got a fair crack of the whip or if she really cannot act.

Sarah Jane (and Luke)... the brackets say it all. It was nice to see her back, and BOY does she look good? 8)

Rose - well, it had to happen didn't it? We all needed closure, but it was like she was in love with one bloke, but went off with his brother just coz he looked like him... ouch! :blink Still, she can teach him to be a good boy now... :biggrin Sorry to see her go, but sort of glad it's over.

The Doctor - another fine performance by DT. You'd think he wasn't there what with Martha rushing about Germany, and Donna and Rose kicking Dalek butt with Jack, Jackie 'n' Mickey; however, one of him gets to lay waste to the Dalek fleet... brill! I will be sorry when he leaves, and I do hope that they get someone as good to replace him. If they go the Sylvester McCoy-type route, I'll jump off the nearest cliff. :x

Davros was super... great makeup, etc... and the voice. "Dust to atoms, and atoms to nothing..." "...the destruction of reality ITSELLLLLLLFFF!!!!" Heh heh...

But, leaving the best to last... Daelk Caan was IMMENSE! What a voice! Got him on my phone as a ringtone. For those who don't know there are various soundbites from the episodes in the Audio section of the Dr Who site that can be downloaded FOC as mp3s.

So... roll on the 2009 specials... and the DUN DUN DUN... Christmas Cyberman Special this year. 8)

3. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

Christmas Cyberman special.... but wasnt the cybermen from the parallell universe??

So if the parrellels are spliting open again... does this mean the other doctor could get roped back in??

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

not really, dont forget that the cybermen in that episode came from the parrellel dimensions it doesnt mean that none were created in this one, in fact it suggests that they were.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I just hope the crimbo special is good this year because last years was cak.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

If you remember, when the dr first met the cybermen in the parallel world he already knew about them by name. This means in the RTD dr who world the dr has already had dealings with them.

( in fact RTD has been slowly merging more references to the original dr who series, something originally he was against I believe. )

So yes the cybermen in the xmass special could be the originals from the dr's own world, however, they could also be from the parallel world, they could have slipped through when davros was missing with reality and breaking down barriers between worlds..

... we'll just have to wait to see how RTD wrote it.

Andi

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots