Tomorrow is the release of a film called "Decay"

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Shinigami, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Decay is a zombie flick filmed by students working at Cern, and coincidentally, I played the role of a zombie in this film!

It's low budget and made for fun, but it's also free and I thought I'd mention it for those of you who like the occasional brainless (heh) movie fun :)

Here's an article by wired: Exclusive: See Zombies Prowl CERN in Creepy Clip from Decay | Underwire | Wired.com
    And the official website: DECAY Official Site: The LHC Zombie Film

I'll be watching it with friends for the first time as well, really curious to see how it ended up looking. Let me know your thoughts in regards to it :D

Cheers,

Shini

p.s. Once I've seen it, I'll let you know in which scene I was in.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
    Arroryn and jk2447 like this.
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Trailers look really good mate. I love Zombie films, good work getting on it. How the heck did an MS employee end up on a CERN Zombie movie? ha ha

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I heard Windows 8 was made by zombies :)

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. Shinigami

I have friends that work there. Long story really, but ended up being asked to play a role and they liked the amount of physical effort I made during casting. Ended up getting the job for a role which made me pretty blue and black after our +20 hour filming day.

Never would have thought that making a film is such hard work. But the more you see and experience in this world, the more you realize how little you truly do know :)

shadowwebs: heh, funny thing is I'm actually liking it more and more. Getting hard to go back to a 'simple' Windows 7 or XP box (nevermind a 2008 R2 server or older) after having spent time on Windows 8 or 2012... the curse of getting used to new things (After you put aside your initial fears of 'change') :)

jk2447 likes this.
  5. Shinigami

Haha, just came back home after watching it with friends that also participated in the film.

I'm the Zombie with the name "creepy" in the credits (they got my name just a little wrong, it's Heikki, not Heikke). You see me attacking Zoe at 49:20 and dying at 50:35.

Friends of mine played roles such as the couple outside with hard hats on having a coffee near the end, and the close up of the girl at the end munching on a hand with severed fingers (coincidentally, those really were severed fingers, for real...).

Had a lot of laughs with my friends :D So awesome to have been in a movie, even if it's nothing pro ;)

Arroryn likes this.