Tomb Raider Legend

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Apr 10, 2006.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Ok 'fess up guys...how many of us now own this game? I know I do and I have to say as I have only played the first 2 Tomb Raider games this one totally rocks!! What I love most about the game is way Lara looks...you can even view her bum :twisted: which I like so much...and if you angle the view to her face you can see her facial expression change too...so far I am loving it and am looking forward to more nites in with Lady Lara Croft...woohoo get in!! :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I still have (somewhere) the first TR for Windows 3.1 that played in DOS mode.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  3. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

eh? i thought tomb raider 1 was released about a year after windows 95, so why would they target it for windows 3.1? never played it myself, but i remember setting it up on a friends pc, and i'm sure it wasn't a 3.1 box.

4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

It took a *long* time for the games industry to 'demand' Win9x. IIRC many games came out that used DOS mode after Win95 shipped.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

i wasn't so much commenting on the dos mode, as some games still used native dos for years after that. but i'm pretty sure the official system requirements for tr1 mentioned dos 6.0 and/or windows 95. so no doubt it would have run on a dos 6.0 machine with windows 3.1 on top of it. i just don't see eidos targeting it for the windows 3.1 market.
    then again, maybe my memory fails me. it's not that important anyway. the 3.1 connection just caught my eye.

6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Did any of who guys get the h@ck3d version of TR??? :D

7. jodsclass

jodsclass Byte Poster

OK I confess, I have Tomb Raider Legend on the xbox. not too keen on it though, same old same old to be honest. Also got Far Cry intincts evolution & Black at the same time which both rock the Box!

PS. AFAIK tomb raider was released in the November of 1995, so was probably aimed at the windows 95 market. heres the system requirements

* Pentium 60 processor (Pentium 90 recommended)
    * Microsoft DOS or Windows 95
    * 8 MB RAM
    * 20 MB hard disk space
    * SVGA VESA local bus graphics card
    * 2x CD-ROM drive
    * Supports most major sound cards
    * Supports most major game pads and joysticks

ahh the good old days of computing they where, when my p120 running Windows 95 was the daddy,a nd carmageddon looked sexy on my Orchid Voodoo 2

Certifications: BSc IT & Web Development
    WIP: MSc Advanced Computing, Oracle Cert