To take or not to take? That is the question.

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Pablo1888, May 11, 2005.

1. Pablo1888

Pablo1888 Byte Poster

I've booked my 70-215 for the end of this month but I don't think that I am ready for it (I am about half way through the Microsoft book). I have a free resit if I fail. What is the general concensus of opinion. Sit it or cancel it??

Certifications: MOUS Master, MCP 70-210, A+
    WIP: CCNA
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

My personal opinion is not to sit it if you don't think you're ready. You won't do yourself any favours. Even if you pass, you might not get the score you deserve. Why not wait until you're ready before you go for it?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Free resit notwithstanding, it's best to go into a test only when you feel ready. Even if you get a second shot at no cost, it's pretty demoralizing to get a fail because you weren't prepared.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

IMHO only ever do an exam when you are 110% ready for it. :D

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Got to agree with the above Pablo - I think it would be pointless sitting it before you are ready, even with the free resit. I mean say you did fail, then rolled up for the resit and for whatever reason had an "off-day" - I'm damn sure you'd be kicking yourself the length of Buchanan Street.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity