Tiscali users left screaming by lack of e-mail

Discussion in 'News' started by UKDarkstar, Apr 20, 2009.

1. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Tiscali users left screaming by lack of e-mail

Some of Tiscali's users have been left screaming by a lack of e-mail for a week due to Tiscali's failure to renew a domain name used by some customers- screaming.net. Screaming.net used to provide unmetered Internet access back in dial-up Internet days and was gobbled up by Tiscali through the merger with World Online in 2000.

Full story : here

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Boycie
      Boycie
      Moral of the story: dont use ISP mail!
    2. michael78
      michael78
      It doesn't suprise me as Tiscali are one of the worst ISP's out there if you have an issue then you may as well not bother ringing them as they will only cause you to want to smash your house up in a fit of rage. I am 2 days away from leaving them due to them somehow screwing my broadband up from 2.5Mbps to less than 512Kbps. 3 moths and 6 BT guys later and they still hadn't fixed it. No wonder they are going down the pan.
    3. Boycie
      Boycie
      To be fair, I think the e-mail is provided at their gesture and not guaranteed in any way, shape or form unlike the connection which is (to some extent :) )
      Dont use it!
    4. michael78
      michael78
      I think they also provide Broadband under the same principle :biggrin
    5. Boycie
      Boycie
      lol :)