Tips for web designing portfolio

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by cesar, Nov 13, 2008.

1. cesar

cesar New Member

Hi
    every one this is my first post :). I have done my MSc software development for multimedia systems in 2000, BSc computer networking 1999, I used Flash, Director 8, sound forge, IIS, tomcat also worked in java. done some work in ASP, SQL and C but long time ago. i got Big gaps in my CV because got involved in family business (that was a bad choice). now i am thinking about to get back myself into web designing. I really need some serious advice, support and tips about where to start from? plenty of time in hand (about three months) I need some advice & tips how to biuild web a portfolio and what sort of technologies i should be using etc and any example/links of portfolios would be much appriciated :(.

thanks

WIP: CIW
  2. tobo

tobo Bit Poster

HI Cesar

I have found magazines like webdesigner and .net are great for links to some amazing sites and designers portfolios. you might know these already but thought I would pitch in cos I found them helpful.

Hope that helps.

3. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

I always suggest Joomla for guys into website design.Its an amazing software for web design. Have played around it myself infact came up with a simple static website. Note that it sits on WAMP(windows apache mysql php), you need to install this before you install joomla if you plan running on windows platform otherwise on Linux platform you need to install LAMP(Linux apache mysql php). just google em' cant miss em'..

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  4. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

For those looking for inexpensive but pro-grade skins for their Joomla sites, I recommend joomlashack.com. I've used them for several of my projects.

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs