Time needing for CCNA Studying???

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Frostbitten, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Frostbitten

Frostbitten New Member

I am looking to obtain my ccna and I have not taken any cisco courses or anything and was curious if there is a rough estimate of time one would expect it to take to be well prepared for the ccna? This aside from the common factors or a persons learning potential and the speed at which someone learns. Just a rough estimate is what I am hoping for. Thanks.

Certifications: Network+, A+, Security+
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi Welcome to CF! :biggrin

I havent done the CCNA but im sure someone who has will be along soon.. you might want to introduce yourself in the new members forum so everyone can say hi! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Frostbitten

Frostbitten New Member

Will do and thanks for the kind words.

4. Frostbitten

Frostbitten New Member

I have decided to start looking into the ccna and would like to know what people have used and thought was helpful in passing the ccna exam. I do have access to the cisco academy training site and all of their materials but was just wanting to see if there are any other study materials that might be helpful??? Thanks.

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

I would suggest you look at cisco press (www.ciscopress.com) for books - it all depends on which route you going to take: 1 or 2 exams or cisco academy, on the books you need. The site is very helpful in which books are need. Also look at www.cisco.com for more info on the options for ccna.

As far as i have heard CCNA requires alot of hands on so i think you should also look into investing in routers and switches - if someone could help out here on the kinds need plz? I think your best places to look would be ebay and www.ciscokits.com

8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Go with Cisco Press mate, they're the dog's wotnots for the Cisco Certs!

For an overview the CCNA for dummies book was good reading for me. Lacks technical depth though.

Would say more, just been a looooong day.

8)

7. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

I took a very good course with a hands on weekend. Did it in about 4 months, passed 2nd time. Took the 1 exam route.

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  8. Frostbitten

Frostbitten New Member

that is good to know. Thanks for the information everyone. Looks like I have some serious studying to do.