Time lapse between Essentials and Practical

Discussion in 'A+' started by aestudiar, Jan 8, 2012.

1. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

Hi
    I passed the Essentials at the end of October, and would like to sit the Practical in the next couple of weeks (I had to sit several other exams for my BEng (Hons) degree, and the JLPT5).
    Is there a timeframe limit, ie a time after passing one exam but not the other that the first one is actually invalidated?
    Cheers.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Yes and no, in order to gain the A+ credential and certificate you have to pass both exams that are the same version, it doesn't matter how long the gap is as long as both exams are available to sit.

For example by passing the 220-701 and the 220-702 you gain the A+, you could have taken the 220-701 when it first came out and the 220-702 on the last day before it get retired. But if you only passed the 220-701 (which is the current version) and the 220-602 (for example, the second part of the previous version) you would not get certified.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. aestudiar

aestudiar Byte Poster

Excellent, thanks.
    I will not tarry, though, as I've already started preparing for the Security+.
    Any news on CompTIA's new (advanced) security certification?

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You mean this? It's live now.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security