Tiger Woods 08 Xbox 360 Issues

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Fergal1982, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Anyone else having any issues with the new TW08 game?

The official EA forums are flooded with people having no shortage of issues (ranging from complaints that its nigh on impossible to hit the ball straight, to the infamous Tiger Challenge crash).

For my part I've been fairly lucky (Although I havent played a great deal of Tiger yet). I've only encountered the issue where your final placement in a tournament isnt what you actually finish with (For instance, I completed a tournament in T3, but was placed 37th).

I've also noticed that you dont have to complete the Tiger Challenges properly to win them. If you need to finish 4 up for instance, then the moment you are 4 up, you win, even if you have two more holes to play and could easily lose both. Not a major issue (infact, it makes the game a bit easier), but a bit of a shame I think.

I think I've missed a lot of the issues because I've avoided the Online stuff so far. But it seems a lot (and I do mean a lot) of people are fuming about it over at the EA forums.

Apparently the patch is out with MS for certification, so we should see it any day now (Hopefully). I think im not going to play it much until the patch is released though.

ASIDE: I actually think that the whole Xbox Live environment is a real mixed blessing. Yes you can download new content, and yes you can play other people online, but (and its a pretty big but i think) it takes console games into the realms of PC games. In the past, Console games had to be right from the word go. There wasnt really any mechanism to patch a console game once it was out there, so the developers had to take a lot of time making sure it was right first time. Sure there were still some bugs around, but you can never totally get rid of them.

Nowadays, because you can get updates from Xbox Live, etc, they dont feel the need to be as thorough, since if theres an issue, they can just patch it up after release. On the one hand thats great, since anything they missed can be cleaned up (Providing you have a storage device to take the patch). But on the other hand, like I said, it encourages sloppy release cycles. PC games have suffered from this for years.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present