Thoughts on "Master of Integrated Networking"

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Certified, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Certified

Certified New Member

Hello All,

I'm looking to climb the ladder through certs and this approach has caught my eye.

The author calls it the "Master of Integrated Networking" (it doesn't actually exist yet :p)

Would anyone recommend the path that is set out? If not, why not?

Thanks.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, why not be a part of this community and introduce yourself here. :)

To be honest, it would be something that I would consider, just to get Masters degree if it were real.

However I can tell you that none of the modules listed here goes above UK NQF level 4 (which maps across to FHEQ level C) and that is 3 levels below the aimed at Masters degree/PGCert/PGDip level. If it is Integrated Networking, there's no Apple Client or Server modules. Another problem with it is that it is technology & version specific, what happens when that technology/version get replaced? Does that Master's degree retire? Do you need to take a renewal exam(s)? Because if you don't, what's different then between that and another Master degree?

However apart from all of that, if it was a real Master degree (approved and all of that), like I already said I would go for it - I mean I already have 7 out of the 12 modules done (2 of the "project" modules I've already done at work on a much larger scale). And at somepoint in the future I would like to do my MSc/MA :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

From the website it looks as though he's justa qualified trainer who's set out a course. It doesn't appear to be recognised by any body that can give it credit such as City & Guilds or a Uni.

As such, I wouldn't touch it and if I was interviewing someone I'd be a bit sceptical. I'd far rather have someone with,say, Cisco certs, who had then gone on to an advanced degree or Masters with a recognised Uni.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)