This is horribly tragic and unfortunately, horribly stupid

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Mar 25, 2008.

1. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

...and we can see how much of it is around judging by the original posters subject.:twisted:

Seriously though, we all know about each others viewpoints and that these won't change. It's a cultural thing that we all find hard to understand. I've also grown up with guns in the house back in Australia. I was taught how to handle them properly and I don't have a problem with anyone that has them.

If you think that it's uncomfortable when it's possible that a lot of people have a gun at home, you should think about what it's like here. Ever Swiss man between the ages of 18 and 65 has a gun in his house and is well trained to use it.

As a little aside, sometime before the second world war (so it's reported) Hitler was dealing with the Swiss and actually asked "what would you do if we sent an army of 1 million men into Switzerland" and the answer was "I'll have to tell everybody they can only shoot one shot". Hitler then asked "and what would you do if we sent an army of 2 million men into Switzerland" and the answer was "I'll have to tell everybody that unfortunately they'll have to shoot twice".

Does it make me feel unsafe? No. Does it make me feel safe then? Still no. What does make me feel safer is that I know that they are all trained properly in how to handle firearms.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  2. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

They used a three button mouse?

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  3. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

It was just announced on the news last night that Ronald Long will not face charges in the death of his wife Patsy. Her death has been determined to be an unfortunate accident and no good will come from further pursuit of the matter. My hope is that the children will be strong enough to cope with this tragedy. My thoughts go out to them.

4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Really? What a joke
    I thought our justice system was fooked,
    Seems like a blatant case of involuntary manslaughter to me

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

I think the only good thing about that verdict was the kids didnt lose both parents and dont have to go into care, then again with a gun toting idiot for a father then that may not have been too bad a thing.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal