Thinking Outside Of The Box...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by craigie, Mar 31, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I was requested to train some clients on the use of our bespoke Helpdesk Software in a different part of the country. Not sure how the Partnership Managers and the Service Delivery Manager found out I used to train clients as part of a previous job role, but thats another story.

Anyways I said yes to the request, but was concerned that it involved 5-6 hours of travelling which meant that on a personal level I would loose all of that invaluable study time!

When it comes to goal settings, I have always been really disciplined, and didn't want this opportunity to have a negatitive effect on the 70-294 exam I'm currently preparing for.

So I had a revelation which I implemented yesterday and it worked a treat. For any of you who have read my Study Guides, I watch the CBT Nuggets as to reinforce what I have already learnt from the MS Press Book.

Well I didn't watch it, I listed to them today in the car for just over 4 hours (gotta have some down time), yes call me sad, but I cranked out in a day what I normally achieve in 4 days!

So hopefully by the end of tomorrow, I will not have only have happy clients (from my amazing training 8)) and grasped this opportunity, but would have also got tons of studying done.

Heres to another successful day tomorrow.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Sounds like a good opportunity or gotomeeting or some such other service.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Craigie - did it actually work though? We could listen for hours but not take the same level of information in - have you actually found you have remembered/concreted already known information any better??

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Yep it worked like a treat. I actually found that because I less distractions like Wife, Daughter, Cert Forums, MSN, Hotmail etc, I took more in.

Because I had been through the MS Press Book already and done the lesson reviews, I knew what he was talking about and could visualise it.

I would recommend it to anyone to see how they get on.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5