Thinking about Network+...

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Kraven, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Hey guys,

Basically im going to start the study for my 70-291 exam, even though my networking knowledge is quite strong, I was thinking about doing the network+ first just to get some extra knowledge. I have a few books and the cbt nuggets for the network+. The only problem is, is the cost of the exam. I've heard its quite expensive would anyone be able to tell me please? And do you guys think its a good idea of doing the network+ first?

Thanks
    Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Network + provides an excellent foundation to networking and will help with your 291 studies.

I can recommend the Sybex book by David Groth. As for the cost, try Getcertified4less.com

Good luck.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The cost is £159 I think. As Boyce says though use a site like www.getcertify4less.com and you can save on that.

Something to think about though, if you're not fully convinced on doing the Network+ exam is that you can still use the resources to help you in your 291 studies, just as you would use any resource to help you resolve a problem in the real world.

Just because the book say's Network+ on it doesn't mean you have to be studying for the exam. I have an A+ book at home, I ain't never done the A+, but I've used the book a lot for reference.

8)

5. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Ah can get the exam price down then thanks. So do I just purchase one and they send me the voucher number and I quote that number while booking my exam?

I have the books at home just to read up things that I don't understand either when me or my friends want to know something.

Thanks
    Kraven

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I also recommend the Sybex book for Net+.

The Net+ might be expensive... but it adds another certification to your arsenal. Every edge you can get over your competition can help you to get a job, so take those opportunities to get an advantage.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

So do I just purchase one of the vouchers from getcertify4less and I quote that number while booking my exam?

Kraven

8. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

Yep, when you buy the voucher they email you confirmation and a voucher number, when you book your exam you enter the number during the checkout process and it is classed as payment for your exam.

I just booked through Pearson Vue for a Microsoft exam with a voucher from getcertify4less and it was all very easy.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ACA
    WIP: Still to be decided!
  9. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Ah thanks, sounds easy. Should be taking the exam in around a months time so I see how it goes then.

Thanks
    Kraven

10. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

Good luck with the exam, I'm hoping to get my MCDST out of the way before I go for my Network+!

Let us know how you find the exam (and so we can congratulate you on your pass hopefully!)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ACA
    WIP: Still to be decided!
  11. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

And you now have most of my course notes to laugh at too..!!

Good choice methinks and like BBM says it is another addition to your arsenal (or liverpool if your that way inclined)..8)

Certifications: A+ Network+