Thin client issues

Discussion in 'Networks' started by zxspectrum, Jan 13, 2014.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Does anyone have any idea why one users profile would forget her IE settings?? Apparently its been an ongoing issue. She sees the intranet but when she wants to connect to the internet, she cantm and i have to sort the settings in IE, from then shes good to go. However when she logs off and then back on, while im there, it would of forgotten the settings i had typed in.

I know thin clients can have an issue when you dont shut them down properly as they dont hold information like a normal pc Please tell me that makes sense).

The only other thing i can think of is an active directory issue perhaps or maybe i need to delete temp profiles???

Thanks for any help

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Is there a write lock on the device, sometimes might look like a little red or green dot on the task bar. Also do you put the settings in as admin mode by logging off and holding the shift key down and then logging in as local admin?

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hi Dales

No there is no lock on the machine, what were thinking at the moment is that this particular user is having roaming issues, which were going to look at tomorrow. I will keep you posted

Thanks

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680