There is only ONE Liverpool¬

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zimbo, Jan 20, 2007.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Simple, they dont have that many "true" fans. Now I know I will get ridiculed for this, but alot of people know that most of Man Utd fans are not even based in Manchester, the majority of Mancs support Man City. Utd have a huge fan base, which isnt a problem but when you consider most of those fans coming from abroad (most notably Asia), then you really have to think to yourself, are Man Utd a football team or a business? Again, simple answer, a business.

They are the richest football team in the world and where does all that money go? Ok I guess its nice that they dont spend as Chelsea do and they have quality players, but off the pitch, well its another story.

I will admit there was a time when I did support Man Utd, but I wasnt supporting them, I was a follower and I hated being branded that so thats why I stopped "supporting" them. It was after they thrashed Chelsea 4-0 in the FA Cup Final in 1993 I believe? Correct me if I am wrong on that. But thats when I started to "support" Man Utd.

I had been a Spurs fan since I was 9yrs old and stopped supporting them about 5yrs ago (I even burned my two Spurs tops I had at the time). And thats when I decided it would be so much better to be a neutral fan, but I still dislike Man Utd for the sheer fact they think they can win anything (hehe) and cos Alex Ferguson should have left ages ago!! (damn swine!! hehe!!).

Tell you what though, when he does leave, that will be the start of the demise of a great team like Man Utd. Anyone remember that back heel from Denis Law when he was at Man City? :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

How could you have been a Spurs fan and then not be? Football is a sport of passion and getting behind your team through think and thin, no matter what.

Saying you were a Spurs fan and now your not just doesnt register with me, I just cant understand that.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

What you going to do?? What you going to do when LIVERPOOL come for you?!!

[​IMG]

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Cracking result for you guys Zim, well done. I think that its far from over though, Barcelona will come again. Edge of the seat stuff for you guys in 2 weeks time.

In the mean time there is the small matter of the game on March 3rd, hopefully 3 more points for united as we march on our way to another premiership title.8)

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  5. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Big Big game tomorrow then Zimbo. Are you feeling confident for a home win?? Will be a tough game but i hope United do enough and scrape a 2-1 win 8)

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hmm, you have lost me completely - all i can say is that i saw, in real time england win the world cup - nobby styles running around with the trophy will stick with me forever. it's a great game, good luck to the best team whomever that may be :blink

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Manchester United V Liverpool is the big game tomorrow pete.
    Fingers crossed and United win then we will move 12 points clear in the race for the premiership title.

As for england winning the world cup, it was a bit before my time:biggrin and not something we are ever likely to see again. Although not a concern of mine as i could'nt careless what England do. Club before Country for me everytime 8)

8. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

You guys think you will beat us now that we on form?

Man Utd 1 Lille 0
    Man Utd 1 Reading 1
    Man Utd 3 Reading 2

Liverpool 2 Barca 1
    Liverpool 4 Sheff Utd 0

I have watched all three games you played and your boys go to sleep and have been slackish recently.. i think you better off settling for a draw! :twisted:

9. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Zim you may have watched all 3 games, but we only had our proper starting 11 out in the Lille game.

Tomorrow will be a different story 8)

10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  11. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

:smilescol WoooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

12 points clear and the premiership trophy is close to coming home.

Is that silence i hear?? Where have all the scousers gone?? C'mon Zim you must have enjoyed that game 8)

12. oggler

oggler Byte Poster

The most one sided undeserved miscarriage of justice so far this season.

Liverpool tore ManUre apart and the cheaters poked an injury time winner from a diabolical decision for a foul that would not have been given in 99 times out of a hundred.

All the ref wanted to do was even up the game for sending that animal off.

Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+, MCSA W2k3-Security, CEH
    WIP: CWNA, CWSP, CISSP
  13. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

:lol: Thanks for making me laugh.

Was you watching a different game from me?? Yeah Liverpool played better than us but by no stretch of the imagination did you ' Tear us apart ' as you put it.

Why did we cheat??

Also what animal did you see??

Talking of animals have you forgotten how the so called Liverpool fans attacked the ambulance carrying Alan Smith to hospital last season ??

14. oggler

oggler Byte Poster

My dear,

The so called 'attack' as you put it was merely a friendly attempt to inform the driver that it was the vet he had to take Mr hooligan Smith to, not a human hospital.

Alan Smith, hmmm, tell me, how many times has he been sent off?

And the animal I referred to? You are right I was watching a different game to you. From what I saw the carrot head aimed a punch at Alonso, but you probably saw him in another game in which he was timidly dancing a ballet like a pansy.

15. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Ok guys simmer down please!!

16. oggler

oggler Byte Poster

All in good spirit :biggrin

17. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Cool, just bear in mind that things can be misinterpreted on forums sometimes and things can get out of hand. So please think carefully before posting and try and refrain from slaging off others beloved teams - they are all good 8)

18. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

:p

Not to worry pete, as Oggler says it just a bit of harmless banter between fans. As long as you can take the stick aswell as give it then there is no problem :biggrin

19. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Cool, but i have witnessed many times quite the opposite, so bear with me :rolleyes:

20. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i just have to bring this back up! LOL what happened to man utd and where is liverpool going? :biggrin