thebryantadvantage.com ? yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Teebor, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Teebor

Teebor Nibble Poster

I was rummaging around for prep tests and other materials to boost my studies and came across thebryantadvantage.com somehow.

Ran it through certguard and it comes up as legit, but what I wanted to know is anyone else used the materials from this site or could give thoughts?

I searched the forum and found 1 result that seemed to be from a happy customer, but I'm always a bit cautious when talking about spending this much money on the net from a source I've only just discovered.

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCSA, CCNA, Coupla MCP's
    WIP: CCNP BCMSN, CVOICE, ITIL
  2. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Is this for the BCMSN or another subject?
    I've heard nothing but good things about thebryantadvantage.

I think the owner (Chris Bryant) regularly writes for / or contributes articles to networkworld

3. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

It's a bit hard to praise a product without it sounding like spam but I've got only good things to say about his course.

I was very sceptical at first, because his website seemed like it was giving you the real hard sell and promising you the world. However another tech forum I frequent (techexams.net) seemed to champion it quite a bit. A workmate at the time was also using it and i'm ashamed to say I got him to, shall we say make me a back up copy. :oops:

Combined with the CBT nugget vids and a lot of lab time I pretty much sailed through the exam. I particularly liked his subnetting workbooklet which came with it. Before I completed that I used to really struggle. By the end of the booklet, I was doing most questions in my head in under 20 seconds.

Too make up for blatantly stealing his materials I have now made it up to him by purchasing his CCNP course, which so far seems to be just as good.
    If anyone wants me to burn them a copy just send me a p.m. Just joking by the way.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  4. Teebor

Teebor Nibble Poster

That was what was putting me off tbh, it looked too much like (dare I say it) a second hand car salesmans sales pitch

It was the CCNP one I was looking at, however I'm kind of interested in the CCNA Security now as well.

I've read some more around the subject and can't find anything bad about it so I think I will take the plunge.

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCSA, CCNA, Coupla MCP's
    WIP: CCNP BCMSN, CVOICE, ITIL
  5. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

You won't be dissapointed. The BCMSN is particularly good.
    The only bad thing I have to say about him is that I just realised lately that he is the very informative but extremely monitone guy from the Trainsignal videos.
    Don't get me wrong they're full of information and more relevant than the cbt nuggets vids, but you need shares in Nescafe to get you through them.
    Fortunately there is an option to watch them at x2 speed, so his publishers must have cottoned on too.:biggrin

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

For those of us who make a living off of selling IT certification training (and there are quite a few of us on this forum), that's not very funny. :dry

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

It must be a real fun time at your parties.

8. BosonMichael

I'm not the one failing at trying to crack a joke. :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

It's called irony maybe you want to look that one up.

The guy asked for some advice, advice was given. You felt the urge to but in and turn the advice in to something that it was not. i.e the surreptitious supply of copyrighted materials.

Really get a life, you provide some good advice on here from time to time albeit understandably tainted from someone associated with selling cert materials, but if you have to jump on a thread to troll for an argument then you really need to take a break from the forum.

10. BosonMichael

Did you or did you not joke about supplying copyrighted materials?

I have a life, and it's quite good, thanks.

My advice is about as untainted as one can get, considering I rarely mention that people should use practice exams to study. In fact, I typically tell people that they only need a good book and some hands-on experience.

The reason I "jump on a thread" to "troll for an argument" is because someone - you - jokingly mentioned that they should PM you for a copy of copyrighted material. That sort of flippant attitude towards piracy is what makes everyone think it's OK to do because "everyone's doing it". What sucks is that people ARE doing it.

Create something of value and see how YOU feel when someone jokes about stealing YOUR work.

11. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Yes I did, like I stated IRONY. The clue was in the synonym. I've also joked in the past about killing my wife and robbing a bank perhaps I should call the cops or beg forgiveness from all the criminals whose work I have now disparaged.

No the reason you jumped on the thread is that deep down you feel the need to prove something, to wag your finger and set the world to rights. To create a situation where none existed so that you can find something to voice your opinion over. There is always one in every forum, in every workplace. You know the one, the guy who always has to have the last word.
    If I was a betting man I'd say there's plenty more examples over past threads, but I'm not that childish to go looking for them.

12. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

i think everyone needs to take a chill here please! Once again we moving off topic onto something this post is not about so lets get back to it - no more posts concerning the "backup of the material" you can take that conversation off boards.

Thanks! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  13. BosonMichael

If you were in the presence of those who had had their wife killed, you'd be more sensitive to those matters, wouldn't you?

If you don't like it, there's the door. I'm not going anywhere, mate.

14. BosonMichael

Fine, I'm done. :offtopic

15. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Now you are being pedantic.

How does the saying go, "I shall refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago".

My apologies to other members for contributing in taking the thread off track.