Theatre Technicians, Events Worker & Electricians

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by ManicD, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

Check this out.

http://media.putfile.com/Dodgy-Technicians

Note: this will prob only totally make sense to people who actually work with the events industry but even computer techs will find some of these funny..

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

All I can say is "Ouch"! :p

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Did you create that video ManicD? good work mate. I've seen a lot of similar bodges in my time playing in various bands :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

yes, it was my creation. and i've seen many bodges in my time too, i used to work as creww for events

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  5. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I can understand using bodges like that at an event where time, money and parts may be lacking, But i've seen bodges like that used in factories, even some by the sparks themselves!!!
    I can remmeber getting a call once where someone said thier machine kept cutting out, and they thought it was a problem with the plug. When i looked at it, it was a single phase 16A job with thw spring cap removed and wires just shoved in the socket! Teh reason it kept cutting out? the wires kept falling out!!

I've also confiscated someones radio, after a PAT test, because they were using 2foot lengths of 2 core cable twisted togther to reacha socket 10 foot away.

One thing i did learn when PAT testing, was never to fail a crews kettle. Fail a drill or a soldering iron, they were ok with that. But fail the kettle and they'd lynch ya! Anything stopping them working was fine but not anything that stopped thier tea breaks. :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I'm surprised with some of those setups no one got killed :eek:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009