The very definition of Political Correctness gone mad...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zebulebu, Nov 17, 2008.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Two off-topic posts for me in a day (must be a record)

My mate has just phoned me to say that all the toilets in his building (three floors, 300-odd people) are out of order for some reason - except for two disabled toilets (which are conveniently located on the second floor).

There are no disabled staff in the building.

You've guessed it - signs have been put up saying:

"Whilst the toilet facilities in the rest of the building are out of order, staff are not to use the disabled toilets unless they are disabled. Anyone else found using these facilities will be subject to disciplinary action"

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Seroiusly i find no other words to describe this kind of scenario but..... bedlam

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  3. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

Surely they can then go home for health and safety reasons, due to the lack of working facilities. :D

At my work we have posters in the toilet which allow you to gauge your dehydration using a colour chart!!:blink

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

At least in the men's room (and I presume the women's room as well), there is a single, extra-large toilet stall for those who require wheelchair access. We don't have separate bathrooms for the disabled. I've not seen anyone in my area who is in a wheelchair and I have observed ambulatory men going into the disabled stall. No signs indicate they shouldn't.

I can only assume some courageous person has asked management if people are supposed to "hold it" for the work day or if a "workaround" is to become available. Even a large coffee can placed in a discrete spot would do. :oops:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Am I the only person to have a pint glass in my desk drawer? :twisted:

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

nah just point and shoot out the window.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Can't they claim discrimination as disabled people have toilets ant they don't?

I'm sure they could if it was the other way round...

:twisted:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Just take a dump on the health & safety managers desk, it'll give that jobsworth something to do :D:twisted:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Those arent for the disabled, thier just for extra wide americans!! After all it could be embarressing being wedged in the stall door!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  10. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Actually Twizzle you raise a very valid point, those stalls do not contain any of the supports and beams to assist wheel chair users in using the facilities, there is no low sink with simple to grasp taps, nor is there any sort of different flusher in most of these 'large' areas that Jim mentions

not the mention there is no emergency pull cord in case of an accident

Americans term of 'disability' is VERY broad though, you can get a little blue badge for your car for any number of reasons, many of them do not really make you any less able than the rest of us

I can't imagine any of the folks i know in wheel chairs using those stalls successfully, most of them cant actually stand, they would need all the supports to move from one chair to the other. I think many of the American wheel chair facilities are designed for those who find walking hard, and they can stand for the limited time it takes to move from chair to chair

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Oh, that explains everything. That means we just don't have any facilities for disabled people at all. :oops: :wink:

12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Wow, that's just asking for a lawsuit. I don't know why all the regular toilets in the company aren't functional, but to deny people access like that is just wrong.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  13. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What, like some Americans?

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's why I use it! :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Stupid idea from the idiots that put the sign up. I don't think it's a reasonable expectation to work the whole day not being able to go to the toilet and having to 'hang on to it'.

I would be going home at that point.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

So Zeb, has everyone where you work "exploded" yet, or was another option found?

17. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Hahaha! :lol:

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  18. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

i dont see it as a problem, just tell your boss you're off to the toilet and come back half an hour later

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640