The sybex test exams

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by RichGK, May 3, 2012.

1. RichGK

RichGK Bit Poster

Are these things any good?

I've just ran through a few of the questions and some of the answers are a little confusing. The specific one that has thrown me asked what was the best way to allow a group to add computer accounts (this is pretty much how it was worded). I would have thought it was delegation but the answer was to use a GPO on the OU that the users are in.

I'm feeling pretty thick right now. I work in IT with servers all the time (for 7 years) but these questions are really throwing me :(

Certifications: Dip Comp (Open)
    WIP: MCITP
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

I couldn't really comment on the sybex stuff and Ive never used them and yeah that question has me questioning myself, is that the exact wording used?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Yeah, you always have to look at the context with MS exams. The easiest way would be delegation, but it might say something like least administrative effort or add something to it, which changes what the correct answer is.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  4. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Hi Rich,

I did have the same problem when studying my MCITP, client side 70 - 685 I had the sybex book given to me and found most of it well bleurgh (I guess this is the reason why it was given to me)

I bought the MSPress book a few days later and when taking the actual exam felt quite at ease. If you work with servers on a day to day basis shouldn't have too many problems with the actual exam, which exam you taking? 70 - 640?

P.S the CD you get with the MS Press book with the practice exams are just ok... Better yet would be to register with measureup however it costs, but the practice exams are very very good.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
    Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+