The Musicians of CF

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Cockles, Jun 2, 2008.

1. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

On another note - I taught drums at a private school during the late 90s and early 00s. It was how I got my first job in IT too - the IT Tech got the bullet and the Head asked me if I'd be interested in boosting my hours by taking over the IT etc.

...the good old days they were!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I've just started learning the bass guitar.

I've picked up a couple of songs already like Louie Louie from Motörhead and Asche zu Asche from Ramstein.

It's just a PITA that there's hardly any time and not being able to afford lessons makes it a bit harder too.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

I can strongly recommend Bass Playing for Dummies. Really. I bought it a year or so ago, and despite playing for over 14 years, there was a lot to learn from it in terms of the theory side I never knew. It also comes with a CD of any music in the book so when you play it, you can check if you are playing correctly or not

Right, must dash, have a gig tonight playing for a bunch of 18-21 years olds at a School Disco theme party.

What a bane.......:biggrin

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  4. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Im a failed guitarist thus far
    Ive had a guitar now for at least 7 years (i have 2 electrics, a bass and 2 acoustics) i did have a few lessons but the guy really wasnt up to scratch and I always had something better to do than practice.

I can string together quite a few different chords and barre chords, really need to work on my switch from normal chords to barre chords though. I have tabs and pro tabs for songs i know, i can strum through the chords but cant make it sound like the song lol, my little bro has recently taken up the guitar and hes getting quite good, him and his mate have done a couple of gigs in the local area and actually have a support gig in stoke at the underground in a few weeks, im now relegated to guitar tech because i always have to fix his guitars or fit new parts etc lol, oh well

Actually im going to get my guitar down now, this has put me in the mood to play it

WIP: A+
  5. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

I play vocals. That is, I sing and try to do vocal percussion now and than. For rehearsal I play the piano.
    I am singing now for 30 years (well, not contignuously but you know what I mean). I have been in a male voice choir, a mixed choir, Barber shop, Backing vocals for a magicians act on TV, backing vocals for a (local) band and at the moment in an a-capella group.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP