The Law Student

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Mr.Cheeks, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

There once was a Law professor who came across a student who was willing to learn but was unable to pay tuition.

The student struck a deal saying "I will pay tuition the day I win my first case in the court."

The Professor agreed and proceeded with the law course. When the course was finished and the Professor started pestering the student to pay the tuition, the student reminded the deal and pushed for time.

Fed up with this, the professor decided to sue the student in court and both of them decided to represent themselves.

The Professor put forward his argument saying: "If I win this case, as per the court of law, the student has to pay me. And if I lose the case, the student will still pay me because he would have won his first case. So either way I will have to get the money."

The equally brilliant student argued back saying: "If I win the case, as per the court of law, I don't have to pay anything to the Professor. And if I lose the case, I don't have to pay him because I haven't won my first case yet. So either way, I am not going to pay the Professor anything!"

2. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Sweet one Cheeks! :biggrin

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA