The Incredibles

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Phil, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Anybody seen it yet? I went to see it last night and thought it was hilarious and the animation is superb. I can thoroughly recomend you grab the nearest child relative and drag them along to see it :)

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

didnt think it was out yet
    suffice to say i will see it as soon as it hits my local UGC, looks VERY ammusing :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

There were previews in the local cinema last night, I hadn't even thought about going to see it but my friend booked tickets as a surprise. She made an excellent choice :thumbleft It never really occured to me that it was a kids film until the lights came up at the end and I realised most of the audience were kids :D

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Saw it this morning with the kids. It is so funny, I was crying watching it. Jokes for the kids and adults alike.

This is a must see film for everyone.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

saw it tonight with a mate
    must say there were only about 2 kids in the whole audience
    great film, very funny! couldnt stop myself half the time
    wish there had been a gag reel or somethign amusing at the end :)

did you SEE the list of software engineers on the credits, they wrote a hell of a lot of custom apps for that one :)

I must say i feel animations are the only films created with actual talent, almsot everyone on the credits list had some major talent, cant say the same for actors unfortunatly :)

Great film, cant wait for the next one (although i hear Disney are going without Pixar on the next one???)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Saw it yesterday day with my twin sons (18 years old). It was hysterical. I have to say that as a married man, I really related to alot of the banter between Bob and Helen. It was great. A very worthwhile film. I highly recommend it. As with all the Pixar films I've seen, what really makes it for me was the attention to detail.

Their house was very 1969 suburbian (American). The kid transactions were priceless...everything just really fit. It was part comic book, part James Bond (the self-piloting plane...the bad guy's lair...Mirage), part sitcom.

And the ending just screamed "sequel". :biggrin

Certifications: A+ and Network+