The Incredible Hulk

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by noelg24, Jun 13, 2008.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Movie review right here

If you have an account on youtube, rate, comment and subscribe please. 8)

Thank you all :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Dude - you have that many t-shirts, why dont you wear them?
    Cheers

3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

lol...:twisted:

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I am going to see that movie tomorrow night, can't wait lol!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

I have heard bad thing about this, it got slated on Newsnight. But I will still have to make up my oun mind.

6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Don't know why they bothered - I thought Ang Lee's Hulk was the definitive version. I don't give a damn about the reviews of that version - for me, Batman Begins apart, its the best superhero film I've ever seen

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Actually, (and I've been a fan of the Hulk comic books since the 1960s), I thought Lee's film didn't really work very well. It's tough to bring a comic book to the screen anyway, and while Lee did try to bring a lot of the elements of the comic to the film (atomic explosion, military base in the desert...), it ended up being lame. The whole "sins of the father" thing with Nolte's character becoming the "Absorbing Man" seemed kind of ridiculous at the end.

I did like Sam Elliott as "Thunderbold" Ross. I thought he really captured the original character well. He's a hero, not a bad guy, but he sees the Hulk as dangerous (which he is) and it's his job to stop him. In the current film, Ross is a bad guy, which is a disappointment. I hear Betty is a scientist (which in and of itself isn't bad) but that Liv Tyler (the ultimate elf in LOTR) doesn't pull it off very well (in the 1978 pilot for the Hulk TV show, Susan Sullivan as the scientist/love interest in the pilot was more convincing...and of course, she had to die).

Of course, I haven't seen the current film yet. I have read a number of the reviews and although almost all of them say it could have been better, they also say that it is very entertaining and better than Lee's version. They also say to stay after the ending credits for a "surprise of sound and fury". Having seen Iron Man recently, I'm pretty sure I know what that means.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Sorry to ruin that bit for you...there was nothing after the end credits...I stayed and so did 30 other people...and we didnt see or hear anything after the credits rolled...but hey unless its Stateside only let us know what it is if and when u get to see it :biggrin

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

SPOILER! Don't read this if you don't want to know!

I read on more than one review the Robert Downey Jr. appears at the end of the Hulk movie as Tony Stark and introduces the "Avenger Initiative" to Banner. The movie about the Avengers is slated to be released in 2010. Don't know why it didn't appear in the movie you saw.

10. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

SPOILER FOLLOW UP, DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT (highlight for view)

Hey Jim
    I just got back from seeing the movie myself, Stark does make an appearance (this was already known to me as it's well known he makes a cameo), its right at the end of the movie, before the credits (unlike the Iron man cameo by Fury) and he makes his appearance to Ross not to Banner

There is also a reference to Stark industries and Nick Fury earlier on in the movie during the opening sequence

I quite enjoyed it, I think it stays pretty true to the comics in a way, Ross seems to actually come across as a 'good' guy as you watch the film, rather than an actual bad guy, and Norton makes quite the Hulk :)

Don't get me wrong I'm one of the few that also liked the Ang Lee one, I just enjoyed this also, and am very much looking forward to the Avengers movie! :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  11. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Got back from seeing the movie a couple of hours ago. I liked Ang Lee's a lot and liked this one even more! Ang Lee's was a 'let's feel sorry for David Banner', this latest one made me feel as though the Hulk was being portrayed much more as a super hero. They also really went all out on the animation and rendering technology for this latest film, which makes him more believable.

Before seeing this I didn't think it needed to be made. Now that I have it is a worthy addition to the Hulk films. :)

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Thanks for the "heads up", Ryan. :wink:

13. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Lol...did u watch my review? I saw that bit...it came in before the end credits...thats why I didnt say it on here or in my movie review. I just said there is someone who appears at the end...besides its not a spoiler as such cos the last trailer that was released on the internet showed Stark talking to General Ross...

14. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I saw it last night and thought it was pretty good. I seem to remember enjoying the original Hulk film (Ang Lee) more. For those who watched it, I take it you realised who the security guard was that he gave the free Pizza to? :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  15. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Yup, didn't he do the same thing in the Ang Lee one too?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Actually... :oops: ...I don't have the patience to wait for videos to download or to watch them start and stop every few seconds. Text information is faster for me in a lot of ways...sorry.